Menu

The Importance of Being Thankful

It's time for Thanksgiving!

Yes, you read that right. I promise though, there is no need to worry. My teacher burnout isn't that bad where I actually think I've skipped the entire summer already!

I mean don't get me wrong...

I DO love Thanksgiving, it's actually my favourite holiday! Between the colourful foliage, turkey-feasting and fun family time, who wouldn't love Thanksgiving? 

However, this post is simply my way of sending some gratitude out into the universe. So here is a list of 5 things that I am grateful for today: 
1. My family -- I'm very lucky to have such close relationships with everyone in my family, and even luckier to have such a wide variety of relationships to learn from. With one sister, one brother, an adorable niece and a mother and father who are still very much in love, I can honestly say that I am one very fortunate woman!

2. My spouse -- Michael is a very caring and supportive man! This September will mark 10 years together. Through all of our up's and down's, all of our moves and career changes, he's been my one constant. Love you babe ;)

3. My friends and co-workers -- Growth is what life is all about! My peers have helped me to become the person I am today. I can only hope that many of them will be in my life for a very long time to help me to continue to grow.

4. My senses -- Although my hearing isn't the greatest (right babe?), I am so thankful for the ability to see the beauty in every rainbow, hear the morning calls of the birds and smell the sweet aroma of (gluten-free) baked goods. That's defintely more than something to be grateful for!

5. My education -- Without it, I wouldn't be in the position I am today! It's been somewhat daunting and definitely stressful at times to reach my goals, but it has been more than worth it! I know that I am in a position of privilege to have even had the opportunity to go to university, let alone three times in one lifetime so far, which is why I want to use my knowledge for good. One of my long-term goals is to help aboriginal communities get access to better education through technology integration and pathways planning.

So that's me in a nutshell - very family oriented, optimistic and grateful for all that life has offered me! Now my question to you is - "What are you grateful for today"?

No comments:

Post a Comment